My heart is torn between East and West. I live somewhere between the present and the past. I don't know who I am.
So Obama has come out urging Morsi through a telephone conversation to respond to issues raised by opposition protesters who are calling for Morsi to leave. The sheer hypocrisy of the Obama administration is outstanding. When hundreds of thousands of Occupy Wall Street protesters took to the street in the US to protest the Obama administration’s policies and failings, this was their response:
The White House also released a statement Tuesday saying that Obama told Morsi on Monday that “the United States is committed to the democratic process in Egypt and does not support any single party or group.” Hold up Obama. Let’s just take a look at the top 10 recipients of U.S. Economic and Military assistance:
Now let’s take a look at this breakdown of how and where exactly this money is spent:
So 65% of the aid sent to Egypt goes directly to the military - so much for not supporting any group, eh Obama? We’re not even going to take into account the fact that the remaining 35% of aid went straight to the pockets of Mubarak and his cronies, billions of dollars sent by the US to help prop up their puppet dictatorship in Egypt and billions of dollars which was deposited by Mubarak and his cronies in foreign banks and billions of dollars that the governments of these foreign banks refuse to return to the Egyptian people.
The statement went on to say that Obama “encouraged [Morsi] to take steps to show that he is responsive to [protesters’] concerns, and underscored that the current crisis can only be resolved through a political process.”
Yes, you’re absolutely right Obama, a political process called a REFERENDUM. Morsi was democratically and rightfully elected by the Egyptian people and so if he should be removed, then it must be done through a democratic and rightful way. Many voted for Morsi not because they were bribed with ‘sugar and oil’, not because they are “mindless sheep” but because they truly believed that he is the best option for Egypt.
The US will be the first to claim that it supports democracy, that it stands with the will of the people but what the US won’t tell you is that it supports only those have who the US’s interests in mind, it stands only with the will of those who will uphold the US’s interests in the region. Don’t allow yourself to be fooled by their claims. The Obama administration and every administration before it don’t give two hoots about democracy, the only democracy they’ll support is the democracy that supports them.
"The US has expressed concern over Turkey’s handling of the #OccupyGezi protests…”
Meanwhile protesters in Turkey are chocking on tear gas made and supplied by the USA.
America, you so funny.
(and you might not as it’s being censored in the mainstream media)
OccupyWallStreet demonstrations have grown to ~20 000 today.
The NYPD have begun a violent crackdown on demonstrators, with batons, pepper spray, and mass arrests.
Videos from Oct 5th during the day here.
We are the 99%